At www.traveljockey.co.uk, the privacy of our clients and customers is paramount. As we know dealing online can be a risky task which involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this belief seriously and make it our highest priority to ensure confidentiality and security of the personal information that you provide us.
Personal Data Security
www.traveljockey.co.uk collects your personal data only for explicit and legitimate purposes, for example when you book a flight with us or when you use our services. We keep certain personal data, in particular the information with which we can identify you. ”Personal data” include “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person” as defined in GDPR, article 4 (1) (1) ( ”Personal Data”).
In simpler terms it means information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information, or from that information and other information in a person’s possession, including any expression of opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, and any indication of intention in respect of an individual.
We commit ourselves to take all reasonable measures to safely collect, process, store and share your data. We also ensure that the companies we work with will handle your personal data with the same carefulness as we do. www.traveljockey.co.uk always communicates how your personal data will be used.
Personal information that we collect
Your personal details generally refer to the information from which you can be identified. Generally the type of information that we collect about you is the information that we need to facilitate the travel bookings and other arrangements which is travel related. We therefore typically process the following types of the information about you:
- contact information (such as name, your permanent residential/mailing address, contact number, email address);
- Your payment account information (credit/debit card details, including card type, card number, security number and expiry date);
- Your passport details;
- loyalty program / frequent flyer details;
- information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any); and
- Other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service providers (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers).
We may use your personal information to make contact with you, in order to update you with our latest offers, deals and other discounts. Also we may use your information in order to respond to the enquiry you have made. We also collect information that is required for various business activities of and our related entities, financial details that are necessary in order to process various financial transactions, video surveillance footage used for security purposes, and other relevant personal information you may elect to provide to us. Sensitive personal data can be collected in the following circumstances:
- if you have a specific medical condition, you must inform us about it and, if necessary, provide a medical certificate for your own safety
- if you request special assistance during a flight, for example if you need a wheelchair
- if you notify us of specific dietary requirements, this may refer to specific religious beliefs
- when you provide us your travel document, your racial or ethnic origin can be deduced on the basis of your nationality
How do we collect your personal information?
We usually collect your personal information by the personal information you provide to us. We usually collect your personal details from the information you submit during the course of your relationship with us. We will not collect this information directly from you unless it is reasonable or practical to do so.
Generally, this collection will occur:
- when you contact us either in person, by telephone, letter, email;
- when you visit any of our websites;
- when you connect with us via social media;
We may collect personal information about you:
- When you purchase or enquire about flights, fares, travel arrangements or other products and services;
- When you take part in competitions or register for promotions;
- when you subscribe to receive mailers, updates, latest offers or promotions from us (e.g. e-newsletters);
- when you request brochures or other information from us;
- when you provide information, or use our services, on social media.
- Unless you choose to do so under a pseudonym or anonymously, we may also collect your personal information (other than sensitive information) when you complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
Data we obtain from third parties
We may obtain personal data related to you from third parties, including from: providers of any holidays, accommodation, other travel services which are enquired about or booked, and their intermediaries; credit, identity, fraud and other searches we may undertake, including searches with public records and regulatory and private organizations; from any business or organization you are associated with; from telephone numbers identified by the telephone system when you telephone us.
How we process the information that we collect
For the processing of the information we use an absolutely secured encryption format which is SSL ("secure sockets layer") TSL (“transport layer security”) compliant. This means that we meet the high security standards to protect your payment card data when you provide us with this information. We use the collected information for the following purposes:
- to manage your travel bookings and to deliver our services to you;
- to communicate with you;
- to issue your flight tickets, to check you in for your flight and to complete your reservations (e.g. hotels, restaurants, transport). We also use your personal information to change your bookings when you request for such changes;
- to let you know if there are any changes to the flights or if there are other circumstances that may affect your travel plans, such as road works at an airport you use;
- to contact you by email and/or SMS for administrative or operational reasons, for example to send you a confirmation of your bookings and payments, to inform you about your travel schedule or to advise you about possible delays and changes to your flight(s). If you use our mobile app, we can also send you app notifications for these purposes. Note that the purpose of this communication is not marketing and therefore you will continue to receive this information, even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communication;
- to request for your feedback by email and/or SMS, since your opinion is of great importance to us;
- to understand what you find interesting, we can collect information about how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit the most and which flights you are looking for. We may use this information to send you relevant messages that we think you may like, but only on condition that you have agreed to receive marketing communication;
- to adapt our services to your needs and preferences and to offer you a personalized customer experience;
- the business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, invoicing and audit, credit card or other payment card verification, fraud screening, security, legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, system testing, maintenance and development.
We commit ourselves to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against unintentional loss, destruction or damage. When you provide your personal information on our website this information will be transmitted securely over the internet by the use of high-quality encryption. This means that we meet the high security standards to protect your payment card data when you provide us with this information.
However, sometimes we will have the obligation to share your personal data with third parties, for example with border control and airport security. This is to keep you and your fellow travelers safe. In these exceptional cases, we have limited control over how the personal data are protected by that third party.
If your personal data are transferred outside the EEA (the European Economic Area includes the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, also known as the “EEA”), we require that appropriate precautionary measures have been taken.
When you register yourself for a service, you become a user/client/data subject. As a data subject you have rights under the GDPR. traveljokcey.co.uk will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
Right To Object To Processing
We try our best to provide you in a clear and understandable way the methods in which your data are processed. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data due to your specific situation, at any time. traveljokcey.co.uk ceases to process the personal data unless we point out overriding legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms.
Obligation to report in case of data leaks
In case of a data breach where there is a risk for the violation of the rights and freedoms of the individuals, we promise to report as soon as possible to the supervisory authority and this no later than 72 hours after the first discovery of the data leak. If the data breach is likely to pose a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will immediately report the data breach to the customer whose personal data is leaked.
Right to request access to your own personal data, right of rectification and the right to be forgotten
You have the right to request access to your own personal data as well as the right to consult the booking information regarding the flights you have taken with us. At the request of the customer, personal data can be rectified. If the information we have about you is not correct, please have it amended as soon as possible. This can be done by contacting us and we will update the data as soon as possible. The contact details of our company can be found on our website.
At the request of the customer, certain data can be deleted, but always taking into account the storage period and the necessity of the data for the execution of the contract. As a result, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible on condition that there are no justified reasons to keep them up-to-date.
The starting point is that only data provided by the customer or data provided in his order can be corrected or deleted.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request for your personal data with the aim to switch to another service provider. We promise to provide the personal data in a structured and readable form. When the client exercises the right of data portability, he has the right to ask that the personal data, if technically possible, are directly transported from to the other service provider.
Retention period of personal data
To give our customers more enhanced and superior experience every time they visit our website, our technical team keeps exploring latest technological advances to make your experience more enjoyable. An integral part of this is the use of permanent cookies. A cookie is a small text file that our site may send to your hard drive when you visit our website. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers “do not track” signals with respect to our websites and applications.
You can be assured that the information stored in cookies initiated by us cannot be accessed by any other websites. We work with third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
According to the GDPR (CHP 3), every user has the following eight rights:
- The right to be informed- This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access- Gives you the right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification- Gives you the right to have your data corrected or modified if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure- Gives you the right to demand under certain circumstances for deletion of your personal data. This is also called ‘the Right to be forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing- This gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability- a Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object- This gives you the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling-Gives you the right to stop a decision based solely on automated processing taken on your behalf.
Is your personal information disclosed to third parties?
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- Our contractors, suppliers and service providers, including without limitation.
- Suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you (such as any external data hosting providers we may use);
- Publishers, printers and distributors of marketing material;
- Events and expo organizers;
- Marketing, market research, research and analysis and communications agencies;
- mailing houses, freight services, courier services; and
- External business advisers (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors and recruitment consultants);
- Travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, transfer handlers and other related service providers;
- Any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- A person making your travel booking on your behalf, where you are travelling on a booking made on your behalf by another person (for example, a family member, friend or work colleague);
- Your employer, where you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and you are participating in an event or travelling for work purposes;
- A person who can verify to us that they have a relationship with you (e.g. a family member) where you are not contactable, the person correctly answers our required security questions and the request is, in our opinion, in your interest (for example, where the person is concerned for your welfare or needs to undertake action on your behalf due to unforeseen circumstances);
- As required or authorized by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations;
- Customs and immigration to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel;
- Government agencies and public authorities to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process;
- Various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes; and
- Enforcement agencies where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
- Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), or where such disclosure is authorized or required by law (including applicable privacy / data protection laws).
We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Notice and indicate at the end of the Notice when it was most recently updated. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes.
Feedback / Complaints / Contact